CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Another go-round

On this Thursday night, after a run to Wal-Mart with the guys and now waiting for the washing machine to finish and I can transfer the clothes to the dryer, I find myself once again in Kingsport, Tennessee.

I am the activity director….guy…person…wannabe.

Unexpectedly, I’m back at Bancroft Bible Camp. Partly because I need the money and a job…but also because God has called me back here and for a reason, that I’m sure.

I’ve been down here for three days now though it feels like weeks. Haven’t seen any campers yet, just preparing for teen week next week. After a near emotional break down on Tuesday night, I’ve gathered strength from my brothers here and from prayer time with God.

Lesson learned: my plans are insufficient – they do not lead to happiness, fulfillment, or contribute glory to God. Yet His plans give me everything as well as challenge and stretch me. I’m nervous about what will happen the ten weeks of camp that I have to get activities together for…but also anticipating serving God and glorifying Him and looking back on this time in the future to see God’s blessing and grace.

Long live the King.

10:45 pm May 28, 2009

0 comments: