CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 13, 2009

“We all need help…I need help”

This past week, during the Thursday night campfire service, I taught (or whatever you wanna call it) about God’s love for the campers. To be honest, I didn’t feel as prepared as I would have liked to have felt. I also don’t think that I portrayed God’s love in a totally accurate fashion.

But how can we? I understand semi-completely that I am inadequate to fully teach on (or even understand) any characteristic of God.

I walked away from that chapel service believing I had gone around in circles only to confuse and lose the interest of the campers. Then God had to sit me down and tell me, once again, that He would do the work and I just had to be willing to obey him.

That’s nice to know! =)

Everywhere in the world right now are people who seriously believe with everything they can muster that there is no one on earth or above that gives any shred of care for them. Who is going to knock on their door and show them love? Tell them of love? Tell them of the most perfect, thirst quenching, undeniable love that exists in the universe?

Hollywood?

America?

The increasingly growing population of Muslims?

Or the faithful to Christ?

If we don’t, someone else will. If someone else does, then the lost and lonely hook on to whatever shimmer of hope anyone (and everyone) else will offer…only to find themselves just as lonely after realizing that what everyone has to offer breaks and crumbles.

Lets go folks. You don’t have to stand on the sidewalk and face the crowds, yelling loudly that God is love and only His love will suffice (a true statement). But you can tell your friends, family and those who collide with on a daily basis in little or big ways.

Just pass on the message: God loves you and wants you to know Him for who He really is, the one and only God. And I love you too, I care about you.

1 comments:

Sara said...

So, you're back at Bancroft... it hardly seems like summer, but I guess it is that time again. It's getting colder and colder here in the southern hemisphere!

Thanks for your post - it encouraged me.

Have a great summer of ministry, though God's power :-)